The International Ms Leather (IMsL) Foundation was established in 2014 and is organized as a 501(c)3 to support the development of sex-positive communities, provide education on alternative sexuality and sexual freedom, and enable leaders to articulate the values, goals and visions of their diverse communities.
The organization provides forums for education and awareness that will empower the community and establishes a network for further leadership development. The Foundation is a California state nonprofit corporation that is an educational foundation providing support to community leaders (including those selected through the International Ms Leather (IMsL)/International Ms Bootblack (IMsBB) competition), provides quality education on a national and international level, and develops the capability to catalogue, gather and archive leather history.
The IMsL Foundation’s mission is to:
- Administer a travel fund for the winners of the annual IMsL/IMsBB contest during the title year to allow them to provide education, outreach and leadership around the world.
- Work in conjunction with the IMsL/IMsBB titleholders to create fundraising opportunities in their home communities and through grants encourage the development of women’s titles around the world.
- Create an archivist position to support collection and digitization of Leather/Kink/BDSM women’s history and provide access to those who want to learn more about the community.
- Create quality educational programs through the use of grants and leadership development through the Foundation.
2017 Board Members
- Pat Baillie, President
- Beckie Bowen, Treasurer
- Julie Spanks, Secretary
- Tony Mayes, Education
- Deb Starnes, Development
- Pony, Member
- Jay Dahm, Member
- LasciviousJane, Stepping Down Titleholder
- Meghan, Stepping Down Titleholder